Tuesday, April 30, 2013

No Bake Lemon Slice

No Bake Lemon Slice


I was looking through an old recipe book that was put out by the local community centre in the town that I grew up in, published in 1979 ( makes me feel old )!!!!
The recipes in the book are so different to what we eat and cook now, curry powder for example seemed to be quite an adventurous spice to use. However some recipes never really date and shouldn't be modernised and this no bake Lemon slice is one of them. I remember my grandma making something very similar to this, it brings bake some lovely memories.

Ingredients

400g digestive biscuits
1 cup desiccated coconut
1 can sweetened condensed milk
75g melted butter
2 teas lemon zest
2 tbs lemon juice

Method

Place biscuits in a food processor and pulse until you have breadcrumb consistency.
Place the crumbs in a large bowl and add remaining ingredients, stir to combine.
Press the mixture into a Swiss roll pan and set in the fridge until cool.
Ice with a simple lemon icing ( optional ).


My husband said that he remembers having this as a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment