Thursday, May 9, 2013

Baked Ricotta and Basil Frittata

Baked Ricotta and basil Frittata

serves 4

This dish is great for brunch or a light dinner. I set myself a challenge here, Oliver my eldest son doesn't like eggs and Zach my youngest son isn't keen on cheese, (strange kids). However they both loved it, a simple rocket and balsamic dressing completed the meal.


Ingredients

6 eggs
250g ricotta cheese
3/4 cup cream
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
100g pancetta cut into thin strips
1 onion finely chopped
1/2 cup basil leaves roughly torn

Method

Saute the onion and pancetta in 1tbs of olive oil until soft, place in a bowl and allow to cool.
Mix the eggs, cream and ricotta add to the onion mixture.
Stir in the basil and Parmesan cheese,
Lightly grease 4 gratin dishes or ramekins and divide the mixture between them.
Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25 minutes or until cooked.

This is my basic frittata mix you could add different herbs or vegetables, I love cherry tomatoes and sauteed mushrooms, have fun with it!!!!!












 

No comments:

Post a Comment